Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Due Date

So today is the day. People keep asking me if I have had any contractions..... well, I don't even know what they feel like so I guess not. My mom has been in town for a couple days and I am SO grateful. Yesterday Steve started his first rotation at St. Josephs Hospital doing Internal Med. It was for sure a LONG day. He left here about 6 in the morning (he was worried he was going to be late, but ended up being 40 min early) and didn't get home until almost 8! He was beat! But he had a good nights rest and hopefully today won't be so long. We are just glad he got the first day under his belt, came home with some fun stories, and I'm sure he will have plenty more. So now if we could just get this stubborn baby to want to come out into this world, we would be happy :) So I guess Mom and I will hit the town again and do lots of walking, some shopping and maybe little baby Alex will decide he is ready. I go to the doctor today and if I'm lucky I might be dilated enough for her to induce me by the end of the week. If not I will have to see another doctor because she is oh so lucky enough to be going to the Cayman Islands with her daughter (yes I am very jealous).

Well, sorry about the rambling, but that is what happens when I'm still a little groggy from a good nights sleep. And a good nights sleep for me lately is if I only have to get up to pee once, not five times :) It was a good night.

Wish me luck! And lets all pray Baby Alex come SOON!

2 comments:

  1. I never knew what contractions felt like either. But when I really went into labor, my first contraction was enough to wake me up from a nap and I thought, "Hmm, I think that was something." And then when it happened again an hour later, I was sure. Hopefully he gets here soon. Yea!

    ReplyDelete