Wednesday, May 9, 2012

First big crash :(

This morning as I was sitting half asleep on the couch (I was woken up mid dream thanks to Steve and Alex) and I hear a crash. Alex has pulled over his high chair. Okay, I think it can't be that bad (he has already pulled over the chair on top of him). I was wrong. His little forehead had caught the edge of the tray. It left a big scrape and a little dent. The dent quickly turned to a bump and it has been red all day. We both cried; me a little, him a lot. Not a good start to our day. 

Looks worse in person :( plus it is on top of an almost healed bruise from the other day.
 Luckily after a good nap he was all better, ready to play with his toys. And walk. Did I mention he is walking? Yup our 9 1/2 old month is walking! It really isn't any different than crawling since he is already pulling himself up and into things anyway. But it is definitely a FUN milestone :)


His BIG foot. Perfect for walking :)

4 comments:

  1. Poor guy! Glad he's ok. I just love that cute little grin he gets every time I see him toddle around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first of many. Sorry it made you cry too. That also will the first of many. Glad you both pulled through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friends! Just got on facebook and saw that you had a blog! So it's good to see what we are missing out there in Arizona while we are here in Des Moines! (Sometimes I wish we would have gone to Arizona instead... but shh don't tell Nolan!) Anyways, we have a blog also in case it doesn't show up here. encarlile.blogspot.com in case you are interested! Anyways, your family is adorable and tell Steve good luck with his med school stuff. And good luck to you also because I know how flippin' hard it is being a wife to a med student!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally wish you guys were here, it would have been great. Oh well. Excited to check out and follow your blog!

      Delete