Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Birthday Weekend

San Diego!!

I wish we could have stayed in Sand Diego FOREVER!! It was absolutely perfect weather and so beautiful. Just what Steve and I needed, a nice relaxing weekend. We left early early Saturday morning (I slept a lot of the way) and as soon as we got there, before we even checked into our hotel, we went to the beach. It wasn't too hot so we stayed a couple hours and soaked in the sun. Our hotel was actually right on Mission Bay. We couldn't have asked for a better location. Saturday we were basically beach bums. Steve studied and I read. It was great. Nothing beats a beach sunset. It was beautiful!

P.S. I'm 28 weeks!! 12 more to go! :)

Sunday we woke up and planned on swimming, but because we were right on the bay the haze hadn't quite burned off yet so we decided to go for a tandem bike ride!!! It was a blast! All the flowers were blooming and it was the perfect.
The rest of the afternoon we spent at Balboa Park. The park is filled with gardens, museums, beautiful buildings, and one giant outdoor organ!! I wish we could have had more time to see everything. It is definitely a place we will have to visit again and again. It was Earth day so there were tons of booths and people, but was so worth fighting the crowds to see what we did see.I am so lucky to have an awesome husband who takes me to just the place I wanted for my birthday. He is so good to me and I don't know what I would do without him! I love you Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment