Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween! and all things scary...

Happy Halloween!!

  So I have never been a big Halloween person, I wouldn't really dress up and it has always seemed like kind of a silly holiday. Well, that has all changed! Having a little one to dress up (which is probably torture for my little guy) makes this holiday TONS more fun! We almost didn't dress up, but I am sooooo glad we did. Saturday was our ward's Trunk or Treat and I didn't really get excited about dressing up and going until the day before. It took me forever to think of a cute idea. I actually had a dream that we dressed up as hippies, but out of nowhere I came up with pirates. Pirates are way more fun than hippies anyway! So I came up with the idea, but then I had to actually find/make/buy the costumes. We went to Savers and found some fun pirate bandana hats and other accessories, but it wasn't until Saturday morning and afternoon that we finally figured everything out. I ended up having more piratey clothes than I knew! I didn't have to buy anything except the accessories! Lucky me :) I just cut the bottoms of some pj's that I never where and I had a striped sweater that worked perfectly! Alex's outfit was THE best tho! His Grandma Brown had actually given him a walmart dracula costume that I just turned inside out and cut up the sleeves and pantlegs. Then the real fun began! Ha ha or should I say torture.... I knew Alex wouldn't keep a patch over his eye so we decided to draw one on!! While I was getting Alex dressed Steve was in charge of drawing on the eye patch. Let's just say that Alex did NOT like it at all!! So it is a little squiggly and kinda of looks like Harry Potter glasses, but I think everyone got the idea :) Then I remembered I had this red scarf thing that I have had for years and I haven't worn it once. I don't know why I kept it for so long, but it sure did come in handy and it really just made the whole outfit!  Let's just say Trunk or Treat was a hit and we had lots of fun!




 Oh and about the all things scary... Steve wanted me to add our scorpion adventure. Let's just say it was exciting but NOT in a good way! Last Saturday I was in a little bit of a bad mood because our apartment was a disaster!! It was such a mess. So I went into a cleaning frenzy. I started in the kitchen and made my way to the bathrooms, baby's room and last our bedroom. I was in the middle of vacuuming our bedroom there was a blanket on the floor so I picked it up and through it on the bed, not even looking under it. I just happened to glance down and I saw what I thought was a dry leaf. I almost stepped on it then for some reason I just knew it was a scorpion! I couldn't turn the vacuum off and jump onto the bed fast enough! I yelled, STEVO! And he just thought he was in trouble because I had been in such a bad mood, but nope he wasn't in trouble I was just totally freaked out! When he finally came in, he couldn't even see it because it blended into the carpet. Finally he spotted it, put the jar over it, accidentally crushing its tail (which is what killed it) and I felt a little bit better. Lets just say we both had the heeby jeebies all day! I actually made Steve finish vacuuming and I avoided going into the bedroom most of the day. We both wore shoes the rest of the day in the apartment and always turned on the light and inspected the floor before going into a room. The paranoia has worn off, but every time I think of it I still get freaked out. I could have stepped on it! Or how long was it there? What if it had stung Alex?! I am just glad that it is dead and our apartment was sprayed so hopefully we won't be seeing any more!

3 comments:

  1. Perfect Halloween story. The pirates are dang cute! All three of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are SO cute! You're little family is darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! At first I thought Alex was wearing one of steve's ties on his head.
    Haha! and I love your scorpion story. I can completely imagine it.

    ReplyDelete